What is PAT Testing?
PAT Testing stands for Portable Application Testing. This is the term used to describe portable items that need to be tested once a year due to government legislation. The majority of electrical issues with a product can be found by visual inspection however, some can only be found by the right means of testing. Having electrical items tested on a yearly basis is crucial to the health and safety of a business, and it’s employees, as an electrical fault can prove deadly.
What needs PAT testing?
• Portable appliances – Kettle, toaster, iron, fan heater, food processor, microwave
• Business equipment – PC’s, Monitors, Printers, fax machines, power packs
• Moveable equipment – Equipment with wheels, electric fire, A/C unit, TV, lamps
• Hand held appliances – Electric tools, soldering iron, hair dryer, battery chargers
• Stationary appliances – Fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer
How can T James help?
T James’ testing engineers inspect and test electrical appliances to search for potential problems which can become a hazard when in use. Our engineers follow the IET code of practice for in-service inspection and the testing of electrical equipment. Employers, organisations and landlords have a responsibility to make sure all portable appliances are periodically tested and safe to use. T James can carry out PAT testing in commercial, industrial and domestic premises. Our PAT testing is competitively priced and customers have seen a decrease in insurance premiums by introducing a routine PAT Testing plan.